I feel sorry for bikers. It seems as if the biking community, in its minority, is on the receiving end of some rather negative publicity lately, which can be attributed to stereotypical thinking.
Stereotypical thinking patterns, for those of you who don’t know, is a thought process utilised by those with an IQ between 7 and 8. Some examples include: Women are bad drivers, all Americans are fat, all Blacks have big penises, all Asians are highly intelligent, all White South Africans are racist and all bikers are gang members etc.
This most recent example above was utilized by Carte Blanche in a report of theirs, which, if you didn’t know any better, would make you believe that bikers are big bad gangbangers waiting for you to look at them wrong so they have permission to beat you up.
Unfortunately not Carte Blanche, a criminal gang, named the ‘Macs’ who happen to commute on motorcycles as their preferred modus operandi are a bunch of gangbangers who will beat you up. Not motorcyclists in general, and I know you didn’t say that directly, there were, however, sensationalist comments and dramatic video footage, taken off YouTube by the way (discussed further) to SENSATIONALIZE your report that made motorcyclists in general LOOK BAD.
As an example, and to try and communicate my point to those of us who are slightly intellectually challenged; I don’t think all accountants are boring? Some of them must surely have a social life? I don’t know, I’m just spitballing here. Perhaps the LAW OF AVERAGES will assist me in proving my hypothesis.
Here is the link to the Carte Blanche video report:
Here are some other observations from the video which tend to sway my opinion on the journalistic piece:
- The two individuals who were beaten up at the pub could have easily remained uninvolved if they chose to as the baddies did seem a bit dangerous
- His friend (wearing an EFC Africa t-shirt no less) didn’t exactly look like a nursery school teacher, shoving individuals out the way to come to the rescue.
- In fact, both of them looked as if they are on the receiving end of a 23 gauge needle, twice a week, filled to the brim with a synthetic version of nutsack juice.
- The Elite group is not a fucking charity either, and the fact that I said this means that I will have to go into hiding for about 17 months or risk being decapitated in a brown, winter-stricken field located on Johannesburg’s Westrand.
- Carte Blanche used various dramatic YouTube footage of sportbikes doing wheelies and riding around recklessly. I have seen the footage on YouTube before (YouTube user edcunhaph’s content was used. I believe this user is based in Brazil). Footage shows a bike riding on the right hand side of the road pulling wheelies in traffic. Last time I checked, we keep left?
So in summary, the journalistic piece is actually about one gang versus another with the ultimate prize being free Cocaine and CAT distribution rights to a large portion of Gauteng.
And if we have to summarize this even further, one could assume that Carte Blanche is scraping the barrel, probably due to the fact that old Ossie is under mental observation or what not, and everyone else is switching back to E-TV.
So if you are a biker enjoying the freedom and tranquility biking brings you, and some timid low-life motorist happens to run you down in their 2 tonne Land Rover because they were ‘defending’ themselves (and their minuscule ballsack I might add), then I do apologize sincerely, I am trying my best here.
Just as a side note, sometimes your pizza arrives by motorcycle, sometimes your vital medical sample, sometimes your husband, wife, friend, colleague. Sometimes your morning newspaper or even your son or daughter.
Let’s not generalize or believe in stereotypes. There are baddies wherever you go, our president is one. Let’s film him.