Honda have unleashed their 2014 Goldwing Valkyrie. At first glance, the Valkyrie possesses typical American cruiser traits, but the powerplant is anything but cruiser-like.
The Valkyrie comes with a 1832cc flat 6, a far cry from the 2 cylinder air-cooled motors usually associated with cruisers.
The word Valkyrie is also interesting and intimidating. The definition of Valkyrie is: ‘In Norse mythology, a valkyrie is one of a host of female figures who decide which soldiers die in battle and which live.’ Ouch.
Sounds as if the Valkyrie will be dooming its owners one at a time.
In all honesty I am not a fan of the styling, it seems Honda are aiming the bike to a specific market, namely America. However I would love to experience what that powerplant feels like.
If I had a new Goldwing I would do something about those mud guards and tail end and throw on an after-market performance pipe to try and neaten it up a little. Just my opinion.
Here are some specifications:
- Powerful, fuel-injected 1832cc engine features a parallel two-valve cylinder head with direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation for extraordinary power and performance along with a smooth, sophisticated engine feel plus rugged dependability.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) incorporates two 40mm throttle bodies and six high-pressure programmed fuel injectors for excellent metering under varying conditions.
- Low seat height of 28.8 inches, curb weight of 750 pounds and low center of gravity all combine to help give the Valkyrie impressive handling and brilliant all-around performance.
- Spacious and accommodating two-piece seat with removable passenger seat.
- Stylish tail section incorporates aluminum passenger grabrails which are removable for a streamlined look.
- LED headlight, taillight and turn signals contribute to a distinctive appearance.
- Fat 1-inch handlebar lends a custom look.
- Multi-function digital LCD instrumentation.
- 15 Honda Genuine Accessories will be available for the Valkyrie.
- Optional ABS model contributes to consistent braking action under a wide variety of road conditions.
- Transferable three-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.