The R NineT was created to celebrate 90 years of BMW motorcycles. As a result it features an air-cooled boxer twin, a favored motor used by BMW in many of its successful models. Power output is around 110bhp and 119nm.
One look at the R NineT and immediately the classic cafe racer design takes hold. This design is loved by motorcycle enthusiasts, classic bike lovers and hipsters, but importantly I think it will strike a chord with even the most hardcore of motorcycle fans. I for one love it, especially the short tail version.
Whats even more impressive is that BMW themselves say that they encourage owners and aftermarket parts manufacturers to modify the R NineT as you please.
Take a look at some of the design variants below, this means that no two R NineT’s will look the same, very cool.
Features of the R NineT:
- Puristic design.
- Hand-built feel of the workmanship.
- Air/oil-cooled twin-cylinder boxer engine with a displacement of 1,170 cc. Output 81 kW (110 hp) at 7,750 rpm, maximum torque 119 Nm (88 lb-ft) at 6,000 rpm.
- Ideally suited to customisation.
- Modular frame concept with removable pillion frame and frame end-piece.
- Classic wheel suspension concept using high-quality upside-down telescopic fork at the front and paralever at the rear.
- Exhaust system with two silencers on the left-hand side, with variation options.
- Traditional wire-spoke wheels with black rims and hubs.
- Radial 4-piston monoblock brake callipers, steel-braided brake lines and floating 320 mm brake discs.
- Model plate riveted onto steering head in classic BMW Motorrad style.
- Bespoke range of special accessories made to BMW Motorrad’s customary high standards of quality.